Friday, July 27, 2007

don't eat the pudding

This week, JK Rowling commented: "I loathe people who say, 'I always read the ending of the book first.' That really irritates me," she said. It's like someone coming to dinner, just opening the fridge and eating pudding, while you're standing there still working on the starter. It's not on."

Having a guest going into your fridge and eating your pudding would be incredibly awkward.

I haven't finished the seventh book yet. I have been tempted, but have not, skipped to the end. I have also been incredibly careful about where I navigate on the web. And I didn't watch The Today Show yesterday.

Okay, I actually didn't even finish the sixth book until Monday night around 12:30. Unfortunately, someone had already spoiled the ending of HP6 quite a while before I got to it. I guess that's what I get for reading it two years late. I got on the Hogwarts Express a little late in the game.

(Warning: Weeds Season 2 Spoiler Alert below)
For the last week and a half or so, Harry has creeped into every one of dreams. The other night, it featured two of my favorite of-the-moment things. My dream was that Nancy (Mary Louise Parker's character on Weeds) had to become involved with Voldemort in order to gather information to protect Harry. A little bit like how Nancy had to continue her relationship with Agent Wonderbread (a top-notch nickname, I might add). My subconscious is eager for me to finish the seventh book and for Weeds to begin its third season in a few weeks. I love my subconscious. It knows me so well.

No comments: